ENCOUNTER MT. ARARAT SKI TOURING – 7 Day / 6 Night tour – With each step we take and each slope we ski we will follow the legend of Ararat. According to many religions this mountain is the resting place of Noah’s ark and the haven for his family after the flood-waters descended. From April to the end of May you can hike to the top at an elevation of approximately 5137m and ski down. With good snow conditions and an abundance of snow from 2500m, there is amazing skiing for over 2500 meters of elevation. The tour requires a high endurance for hiking as well as an advanced skiing level.
Day 1: ARRIVAL
Day 2: ARARAT BASE CAMP 1
Day 3: ACCLIMATIZATION
Day 4: UP TO CAMP 2
Day 5: SUMMIT DAY
Day 6: FINAL DESCENT
Day 7: FAREWELL
- Transfers (Van/Dogubeyazit/Ararat/Dogubeyazit/Van)
- Hotel accommodation in Doğubeyazit.
- Turkish Mountaineering Federation permit price (different from climbing permit)
- Mountain guide
- Cooking services
- Porters and mules to transport the luggage
- Food and drink on the mountain
- Tent equipment
- Entrances fees for attractions,
- Flights to and from Van
- Personal expenses
- Restaurants in the cities
- Alcoholic drinks
- Gratuity for porters and guides
- Tents (if needed)
- General Safety equipment. The guide will carry all necessary safety equipment including general first aid items.
- Touring skis and skins and poles (if you want we have these available for rent)
- Avalanche Beacon (If necessary we have these available for rent)
- Snow shovel and probe
- • Sleeping Bag – suitable for 1 night at -15°C and several nights at -10°C minimum temperatures.
- Sleeping Mat – something to provide insulation from the cold ground and a little extra comfort.
- Backpack – 40L to 50L size (Day Pack for accessible items and summiting)
- Duffel – 60L to 80L, to be carried by the mule on Mt. Ararat.
- Shoes to where around the camp and for light hiking.
- Warm and waterproof materials. You will want multiple layers for the change in weather and physical activities. See recommended clothing for more information.
- Gloves – we would recommend different layers for differing climates and amounts of activity.
- Sunglasses and Ski Mask – you will want these to protect from the high glare
- Sunblock and SPF lip cream
- Water Bottle and optional thermos
- Personal Toiletry kit
- Blister Kit (tape or second skin)
- First Aid items – bandages and light pain relief medication.
- Camera – the views are stunning and you will want to capture the experience.
- Warm socks – bring additional pairs and something that will help prevent blisters.
- Warm pants – something that you feel comfortable climbing in.
- Water and windproof layer pants.
- T-shirts – something light and comfortable, moisture wicking material is preferable.
- Long sleeve layer – preferably a fleece layer to add warmth and keep you dry.
- Jacket – you might want a couple layers, something that is wind and waterproof and something for insulating warmth.
- Warm Hat – something for warmth at night and while skiing.
- Long Underwear – preferably not cotton as cotton will trap moisture.
- Additional Sweater – something to wear on cold nights and as an additional layer as needed.
- 7 Days
- $947 US
- Summit the legendary Mt. Ararat at 5,137m.
- Enjoy the open slopes of Mt Ararat.
- Experience Turkish history and beauty as we visit Işik Pasha Palace and Muradiye waterfall.
- Interact with locals and guides as they take you on this Epik Encounter.
- Friendly and helpful professional ski guides with years of experience.
- $1097/person (group 5-7)
- $997/person (group 8-11)
- $947/person (group 12-16)