ENCOUNTER KAÇKAR SKI TOURING – 7 Day / 6 Night tour – Already thinking of your next ski adventure? Experience the thrill and excitement as you encounter the back-country skiing of the Kaçkar Mountaıns. Together with a guide, you will ski beautiful slopes that are off the beaten track. Waking up to sunlit mornings, ready to explore sparkling white, unmarked trails will be one of the many highlights you experience here in eastern Turkey. Enjoy delicous traditonal foods during your stay in a quaint local town known for it’s beautiful views and amazing natural surroundings.
Day 1: ARRIVAL
Day 2: KORAHMET
Day 3: VILIZO VALLEY
Day 4: MOUNT COVAN
Day 5: LANETLEME PASS
Day 6: GÜRGÖRMEZ VALLEY
Day 7: TRANSFER
- Transfers to and from Erzurum airport to Ski Lodge
- Hotel accommodation
- Food and drink on the mountain
- Mountain guides
- Restaurants in the cities
- Alcoholic drinks
- Gratuity for guides
- General Safety equipment. The guide will carry all necessary safety equipment including general first aid items.
- Touring skis and skins and poles (if you want we have these available for rent)
- Avalanche Beacon (If necessary we have these available for rent)
- Snow shovel and probe
- Backpack – 40L to 50L size (Day Pack for accessible items and summiting)
- Shoes to wear around the ski lodge.
- Warm and waterproof materials for clothing. You will want multiple layers for the change in weather and physical activities. See recommended clothing for more information.
- Gloves – we would recommend different layers for differing climates and amount of activity.
- Sunglasses and Ski Mask – you will want these to protect from the high glare
- Sunblock and SPF lip cream
- Water Bottle and (optional) thermos
- Personal Toiletry kit
- Blister Kit (tape or second skin)
- First Aid items – bandages and light pain relief medication.
- Camera – the views are stunning and you will want to capture the experience.
- Warm socks – bring additional pairs and something that will help prevent blisters.
- Warm pants – something that you feel comfortable climbing in.
- Water and windproof layer pants.
- T-shirts – something light and comfortable, moisture wicking material is preferable.
- Long sleeve layer – preferably fleece layer to add warmth and stay dry.
- Jacket – you might want a couple layers, something that is wind and waterproof and something for insulating warmth.
- Warm Hat – something for warmth while skiing.
- Long Underwear – preferably not cotton as cotton will trap moisture.
- Additional Sweater – this is something to wear on the cold night and as an additional layer when needed.
- 7 Days
- $897 US
- Encounter a multitude of exhilarating locations as we ski Mount Korahmet, Vilizo Valley, Covan Mountain, and Lanetleme Pass
- 6 nights accomodations
- Breath-taking views and skiing through unmarked territory.
- Friendly and helpful professional ski guides with years of experience.
- $997/person (group of 5-7)
- $947/person (group of 8-11)
- $897/person (group of 12-16)